Indoor Air Quality Monitoring (IAQ) assesses and determines the breathable air quality within a workplace. Good indoor air quality has been proven to increase productivity as well as reduce disruption through sickness in the workplace. In this ever-changing world indoor air quality has been pushed to new heights and workplace wellbeing is a hot topic with the cream of British businesses. Failure to respond to indoor air quality issues may result in the following:
- Recurring health problems such as Asthma and Eczema.
- Increased absenteeism resulting in reduced workplace productivity.
- Drop in output from employees.
Here at Ph Water and Air Technologies we offer several different categories within our standard IAQ Suite these are:
- Thermal Comfort- This test is completed to the CIBSE guidelines to determine temperature in occupied areas and compare with recognised comfort levels.
- Relative Humidity- This test is completed to the CIBSE guidelines to determine relative humidity in occupied areas and compare with recognised comfort levels.
- Instantaneous Gas- To confirm specific gas levels within the working environment and comparison against statutory limits.
- Airborne Particulate levels– This test is completed to ISO 14644-4 are utilised. For an office environment an ISO Class 9 cleanroom standard or greater is applied. This test is measured using a direct read, laser particle counter to measure the number of airborne particles greater than 0.5 micron, 1.0 micron and 5.0 micron. A known volume of air is sampled and the results are recorded in particles per cubic metre of air.
- Airborne microbiological levels – To assess the degree of airborne bacterial / fungal contamination present in the immediate vicinity. Surface air sampling using a Microbio MB2 sampler to pass a measured volume of air over a 50mm agar plate. The samples are sealed and returned to the laboratory for incubation and examination. Results are expressed as colony forming units (cfu’s) per cubic metre of air.
Further samples can be taken on request and our competent, compliant and qualified technicians can perform a wider rang of IAQ monitoring as specified by our enhanced IAQ these are all available by request.
IAQ monitoring is best utilised with Ventilation Hygiene Assessments (VHA) that gives a full air conveyance overview and can improve the full standard of air quality throughout the workplace.